Why Group Piano Lessons?
Your child will thrive in group classes
Start Today 818-345-8950
“KeyNotes” is a proven group piano lessons curriculum. This is why “KeyNotes” is used in hundreds of studios worldwide. Starting your child’s piano lessons in a group will give them opportunities to develop a wide range of foundational skills. Join The Band is proud to be one of the exclusive studios to offer KeyNotes in Los Angeles.
Little KeyNotes 4-5 years
Story Tellers 6-9 years
Why group piano lessons?
Making music together is the most important way for students to engage. “KeyNotes” repertoire is designed to be interactive and students develop their performance skills.
Can my child learn in group piano?
Key Notes students learn together, have a common aim and work as a team. Because of this the students are motivated and invested. Games, songs and creative tasks are achieved by working together. 😀🎹
With the KeyNotes program we incorporate creative learning opportunities such as improvisation and composition. Our activities inspire and give a relevance to piano playing and musical elements.
How are group piano classes structured?
Variety of Activities:
The “KeyNotes” lesson structure includes a pace and variety that is suited to young learners. From moving to music with scarfs and bubbles, to singing and drawing music. We use all sorts of activities to embed learning and reach different learner styles.
With our ability to consolidate and review, our cyclical approach is the ideal learning structure for piano students. The careful building blocks and scaffolding of concepts, ensure our students have a solid foundation.
Students have fun in the “KeyNotes” program at Join The Band. They love their classes and this enjoyment enables them apply their learning more successfully.
Schedule Information and Tuition.
- Group KeyNotes piano classes are ongoing and run in 12 weeks semesters.
- Your child can join at anytime up to the 9th week
- Monthly tuition is $144 for 30min group class. That is a 25% savings over private lessons.
- Story Tellers KeyNotes 6-9 years old. Tuesdays at 4:30pm.
- Little KeyNotes 4-5 years old. Wednesdays at 4pm.
- Lessons include an independent learning element where students develop the skills to focus and practice alone without the teacher staring and listening to every note during that time
- Just like our JTB band program, group piano lessons give children the opportunity to experience playing the piano in an ensemble, and all of the life skills which go hand in hand with that such as teamwork, collaboration, following instructions, and most importantly developing strong friendships and effective communication skills
- Students can be asked to demonstrate something for another student, reinforcing what they’ve learned, and giving them a confidence boost in front of the class.
Start Piano Lessons Today!
4 Ways to have the Best Piano Lesson Experience
- Choose a music school that has experienced university trained teachers.
- Take lessons at a music school that tailors lessons to meet your needs.
- Learn piano with experienced music teachers.
- Choose a music school that offers yearly recitals.